RANDOM QUOTES, RANDOM THOUGHTS



Sunday, March 30, 2008

PROLOGUE: THE INSPIRATION TO START A BLOG?

I was never any good at writing a diary, never had the stamina or conviction to keep it a regular thing. The inspiration for starting this blog?
(1) I had followed a travel blog by the name "HORN OK PLEASE!" some 2 years or more back. It was an incredible blog that chronicled the writer's travels through India (mostly) and other places with some amazing photos of India. I was captivated by the details of his travels in India, I never knew there were so many amazing spots in a country that if you were visiting just the big cities, you would not be bold enough to take a step beyond the cities other than the major popular tourist sites.
It is a country that tends to be overwhelming for some, at least it used to be for me.
Unfortunately this blog is no longer online and what a shame too as it was more informative and real than any travel guide book could ever be.
It was truly inspiring and you would want to make the same trip to see those amazing places that the writer visited and write in the same breath as he did.
(2) I had made a 2-week solo backpacking journey to China in March and I hope to be able to write about this enlightening journey, hopefully I could draw from the inspiration of "HORN OK PLEASE!". I made a lot of new friends from this journey, each one of them made an impression on me. There were two university students, extremely intelligent, beautiful and excellent writers, both had blogs which were very well written and extremely alive and real -- the same way I felt about "HORN OK PLEASE!". I am not a good writer but I am going to try my best to write in the same breath and spirit as the three of them did. It will be an exciting journey for me, I do not know what the result will be but hell, THE JOURNEY IS THE REWARD! So in that spirit I set forth..............

No comments: