RANDOM QUOTES, RANDOM THOUGHTS



Thursday, November 12, 2009

IKEA



It has been a long while since I last visited an IKEA store. Went to one 2 weekends ago to look for a simple dining set and this was what I ended up with:
At only $125, I think it is hard to beat in terms of value and practicality.
Where else but IKEA that one could look at the item, pick it up from the racks, pay at the counter, brings it home and have a dining set fully assembled in an instant and ended up a totally satisfied customer?
IKEA thinks about the customer experience in its product design as its starting point, that I think is their forte all these years.
The dining set above took me less than half an hour to fix it all up and I ended up feeling so great to have a dining set that is nice to sit on and easy to clean (it's a tempered glass top) and could also be used as a working table!
I do not think there is any kind of mega store that could engage a customer to walk through its entire store and not feel bored. That is the IKEA experience that sets it apart from the rest. The layout of the store and the flow from one theme to the next is seamless and kinda inspires the customer with ideas to re-decorate one's home!
IKEA to me represents IDEAS and INSPIRATION.
"IKEA : INSPIRING IDEAS" - that would be quite some tagline!

No comments: