RANDOM QUOTES, RANDOM THOUGHTS



Thursday, September 11, 2008

Getting Old

Of late I have been getting the strange feeling that I am well past my sell-by date and the expiry date may not be that far away. I may not be that well prepared or equipped for expiry (or Death for want of a more definitive word) yet but many things that have gone before had made me less in fear of death. We may never ever be ready for that day to come but to live each day as if it were your last probably is the best way I know how to make my way through each day.
Why am I having that kind of feeling?
I am starting to recollect things that went before, the places I had been, the people I had met, the things that I had seen, that's why. So I should be listing those things down within this post in the coming weeks, maybe months, maybe years….who knows? But I am sure excited by the prospect of putting those things, which were cast to my memory, in words.

Added 18 Sep 08:

For the past days been listening to the song "Borrowing Time" from Aimee Mann's excellent unpronounceable "@#%&*! Smilers" album with the following verses that echoes the "getting old" feeling that I have been having:

"You ask a question in the mirror, alas no answer could be clearer.................

.............you'll come when your destiny's calling

Who wants the whole weight of the world, when it will drag you down.............

Get up, you're borrowing time."

Aren't we all borrowing time in this existence?

No comments: