RANDOM QUOTES, RANDOM THOUGHTS



Saturday, June 13, 2009

IF....YOU WERE LISTENING...........

Lately I've been thinking
Lately I've been dreaming with you
I'm so resistant to this type of thinking
Oh, now it's shining through

I was alone for the last time
Before my night's vacation with you
Alive from the first
Now I'm denied by the ghost of you

Oh….You take yourself a photograph and laugh at me
Please

I know there's little use in crying
It's more wide awake and dying then I'm used to
I thought we'd walk these streets together
Now I'm hoping that I'll never have to meet you

Step aside from all this anger
And somewhere in between I can feel you

Ask me should we try again
I'm thinking no
Y'know, it's not what I believe in
It's not what I believe in

Oh, just
You take yourself a photograph and laugh at me
Please
You make yourself a photograph and laugh at me
Please

No I, wanna taste your love
No I...no I
No I, just wanna taste your love
No, no I

Standing in your shoes
I turn and now
You're standing bare in my doorway
I only wish that I had been prepared
I'm gonna have to go along with your way


Just take the plastic camera out
It's in the pants you borrowed in the driveway

Alive from the first
Now I'm denied by the ghost of you

Make yourself a photograph and laugh at me
Please
You make yourself a photograph and laugh at me
Please

No I, wanna taste of love
No I...

I was alive from the first
Now I'm denied by the ghost of you
(.....................from Howie Day's "Ghost")
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heartbreak is never easy to overcome.
The pain is proportionate to the length of the relationship, i.e. the longer it is the more deeper the pain gets. This is the workings of nature and the One up above.

The menu of feelings that one goes through is quite possibly as long as the ends of the world. Deep inside we yearn for the party to be able to read our minds and understand but the truth is that we ourselves could not even read our own minds or straighten things out within ourselves. Quite possibly the same with the other party.

Anger is a driver without any GPS guidance and runs your mind amok beyond any logic. We start asking the 5W2H (Who, What, When, Where, Why, How and How Much) to make sense of the problem and locate the differences, typically from only our own perspective and never from the other's point of view. As you go through the 5W2H, your anger starts to build up again and again each time.

Anger is the biggest obstacle to having a clear view of the whole situation. If only we could pause "Anger" for a moment or cast it aside for the time being, things will surely become as clear as the big blue sky.

In any dispute, there will never be a Win-Win situation. The same with business or just about anything. The people who speak it did not tell the full story - it is not Win-Win per se, but in essence a matter of degrees of compromise by each party.

We can forgive but we will never forget, that is nature too! But if we could dig real deep down into the bosom of our hearts and find that tiny piece of our "SELF" to forgive (never mind about forget), I think we are already on the right path.
What I have found through my own long path to this "Self" discovery in regard to my own situation was to acknowledge the fact that EVERYTHING STARTS AND ENDS WITH YOU, AND ONLY YOU.
Never mind the other party, you could not possibly force a change in the other party but you sure could start a change in yourself. Cast aside the notion about losing or winning because at the end of the day, everyone loses something in any disputes. The difference is only in magnitude and whether each one had managed to find one's own true "Self".

If we start to see life as a series of waves as Einstein said, we could realise the non-permanance of all things. You came into the world stark naked and some even needed a smack up the backside before awakening to make your first sound in this world. When your time is up to leave you also leave naked, nevermind the clothes your dead body will be clothed in, you leave taking nothing from this world. So what is the point of fighting over this or that is this brief lifetime? Think about it.

It's not about worldly possessions but the experiences we gather through this journey called a lifetime that really matters. Yes, you will make mistakes, live with regrets or lose your directions at many many crossroads where decisions need to be made, but in truth we are all really here to experience all these, isn't it? If life is given on a silver platter what is the point of being here in the first place?

In any argument, the moment anger kicks in, we are no longer striving for the truth but instead striving for our selfish "Self". That is probably why things tend to drag on with no ends. Something had to give. To give something you have is easy, to give something which you do not have and thereby gaining it in the process is the true giving which I had previously commented in piece 2 of this earlier post in reference to this article by Urban Monk. We are here in this existence to gain the intangibles, not the tangibles.

The only true equality in life is this:
You came into the world with nothing and you will still have most of it at all stages of your lives and this "nothing" you will take it with you in death to the next.

This is not a perfect world, the moment when man is left to their own devices selfishness will kick in and there is only each man for himself. There is no such thing as equality when we are all governed by your fellow man including not only the government, the laws and the Court Judges as these are all your fellow men. How can they know what puritant justice is? Only the One above will be the ultimate judge. Those on this earth appointed to judge are nothing more than listeners and then giving what they think is the best based on the evidence and non-evidence given. They do not know what is truly right or wrong, they are merely making a decision where decision had to be made. It may not be the right decisions.


Just remember, in any disputes or arguments to:

"Step aside from all this anger And somewhere in between I can feel you"

as Howie Day wrote in his song "Ghost"................you are probably on the right path.


In closing, I leave with this quote from Charles Schulz :

"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I`m happy. I can`t figure it out. What am I doing right?"

.......................that would be as close as it gets to attaining "nirvana" and completeness in this lifetime!!

No comments: