RANDOM QUOTES, RANDOM THOUGHTS



Friday, April 11, 2008

THE MUMMERS' DANCE - Loreena McKennitt

I first heard this song in, of all places, Tehran back in late 90's. It was at a home dinner with business associates. It was the first time I tasted homemade red wine and Persian sturgeon, it was the first time I realise you could actually dance to just about any song! During that trip I learnt how universal music was! Listening to the Mummers' Dance then Persian music then Turkish music, there is simply no boundaries and truly, music is indeed a universal language. Words and language becomes irrelevant, you just immerse yourself in the harmonic convergence! Magic!
I was lucky enough to dine at a Persian restaurant (courtesy of my Persian friends) where a male Turkish musician played "live" and I was mesmerised by his performance! I do not know his name nor the name of the restaurant but does it really matter? That moment was all about the HERE and NOW!

No comments: